Interested in joining the SafeNet Assured Technologies Team? Contact careers@SafenetAT.com for more information.
Director of Engineering
SafeNet Assured Technologies, LLC protects the U.S. Federal Government’s most sensitive information systems. As a U.S. based company, SafeNet Assured Technologies’ sole mission is to provide high assurance data security products and technology to Federal Governments. Manages a team of software, systems, hardware, and test engineers. Assists in the development of policies and procedures to maintain the company’s competitive position and profitability. Provides technical assistance and coordinates research activities with other functions. Directs the work efforts of supervisors and staff. Is responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of product development engineers. U.S. citizenship is required and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret/Top Secret security clearance.
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree desirable.
Experience: Minimum of ten years applicable software and hardware development experience, including supervision/management experience.
- Strong technical skills, coupled with being a talented leader
- Deep understanding of Agile/SCRUM software development - methods, tools and process. Ability to motivate and lead highly productive teams in agile development
- Familiar with cloud technologies and best practices
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making, human relations and communication skills
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all product engineering teams. Ensure teams fully understand the commitments and execute to plan. Oversees day-to-day activities (personally or through delegation). Provides complete follow through on all commitments and reports to executive management accordingly.
- Provides leadership and guidance to engineering staff in the form of objectives and goals. Responsible for employment, training, motivation, coaching, mentoring, solving employee relations problems, and evaluation of performance.
- Works with Product Management to support the SafeNetAT product roadmaps helping to offer technical solutions for product requirements, systems concepts and product designs.
- Maintains/recruits engineering skill sets needed to support both the product and technology roadmaps. Solves company-wide technical problems and significantly influences the technical growth of the company
- Fosters clear and open communication between engineering disciplines and across engineering organizations. Ensures Lessons Learned are captured and transmitted to the appropriate organization. Maintains open and timely communication with company management
- Develops and administrates engineering budgets, schedules and performance objectives
- Ensures use of cost effective, state-of-the-art equipment and methods in engineering and development of products. Leads continuous improvement efforts in all disciplines and ensures that the engineering teams are functioning at peak performance levels
- Responsible for compliance to company and customer quality standards and works across functional areas to ensure manufacturability and high quality product designs
- Ability to interact with customers, suppliers and with all levels within the organization
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day tactical management of development and test issues
- Guides teams with clarifications on requirements from product management as needed, including liaising and negotiating with product management and quality assurance
- Establishing development schedules and driving to successful and on-time delivery of product to QA
- Manages the daily personnel/operating activities of the department, providing technical and career guidance, performance appraisals, individual nurturing, etc. (i.e., hires, trains, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
- Fosters innovation in software and technology product development; provides support to Innovation team
- Projects process under Plan-of Record control with weekly status to be made available for all projects
- Ultimate ownership for the technical quality, functional completeness, and on-time delivery of the product
- Time management and prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints
- Assists in establishment of the company's long-range product development goals and objectives
- Remains abreast of current technological progress to ensure company's products remain marketable and competitive
- Represents company interests to ensure that each employee, irrespective of their manager, is presented with a consistent company image.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manage a staff of 15-20 reports and execute on committed deliveries.
Senior Technical Writer
There is an immediate need for a Senior Technical Writer to perform writing tasks on documentation projects such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials for the product base the company offers. This will cover Cross Domain, High Assurance Authentication, Crypto Key Management (CKM) and Encryption product lines for the company’s entire customer base. The individual will be responsible for the technical writing activities for the company product lines. This includes the development and modifications to product user manuals, installation manuals, help document and integration guides. The position will work closely with the Director of Marketing, Product Management and the VP of Engineering on new product releases, announcements, and marketing material related to these products.
Top Secret security clearance preferred, but not required. Must be a U.S. citizens.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches, outlines and writes documentation that is technically accurate and conforms to the company's writing style
- Defines the target audience and documentation components
- Outlines manuals and writes documentation that is technically accurate and conforms to company's style
- Researches new writing methods, processes and tools
- Makes necessary revisions in existing documentation, takes screen shots and works with graphics and
- production on presenting information graphically
- Researches and develops an understanding of the marketing requirements for the features being documented, including target audience and competitive documentation issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Peer reviews as required
- High level of writing skills and knowledge of the company's writing style guidelines.
- High knowledge and understanding of products.
- Good understanding of the company's development process, including design, programming and quality assurance.
- Broad understanding of documentation process.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- PCs and various software applications, especially those involving desktop publishing and graphics
- Demonstrated ability to drive success in a fast paced diverse environment
- Sharepoint experience
SafeNet Assured Technologies, LLC protects the U.S. Federal Government’s most sensitive information systems. As a U.S. based company, SafeNet Assured Technologies’ sole mission is to provide high assurance data security products and technology to Federal Governments. A successful candidate will develop engineering solutions by studying operations, designing, developing, debugging and testing software written in C, C++, and Java. Development will be based on customer requirements and specific market targets while working in a team environment. With limited guidance, the candidate will architect and develop new products and maintain existing products in support of the company’s competitive position and profitability goals. The candidate will maintain awareness of the latest industry trends and technologies, and provide technical advice to other departments when applicable. The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- 1-2 years research and/or development experience
- Proven experience in large complex software/hardware developments including client/server models
- Proficient in the following coding languages: C, C++, Java
- Experience using embedded Linux (kernel and user levels) or similar OS
- Experience using IPC and synchronization methods
- Understands and has successfully implemented an OO approach on one or more large software projects
- Strong understanding of security using encryption and authentication
- Understanding of network security protocols and algorithms (e.g. IPsec, SSL, encryption, etc.)
- Understands basic networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, and ICMP.
- Middleware and smart card/token experience desirable
- MS CAPI and PKCS#11 experience desirable
- HSM development experience desirable
- Strong team player
Desirable Qualification Requirements
- Proven experience in conducting software development
- High-level knowledge of software development design procedures and objectives
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
- High speed data communication product design
- Working experience with one or more of the following protocols: HTTP, TFTP, and FTP.
- Control and data plane implementation for high speed products
- IP layer protocols
- Shell, Tcl, and perl scripting
- GDB and other debug tools
- Linux kernel building, rolling custom kernels, and boot-loading implementation
- Citrix products: Xen Desktop for example
- Test automation, nightly build and test regression
- Knowledge of HSM operations
- Knowledge of smartcard based technologies
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, development, testing, and debugging software systems according to proposed strategic direction and marketing requirements by providing technical solutions for the challenging markets and requirements.
- Responsible for the product architecture; provides technical direction with respect to system definition
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas in engineering which are relevant to the company’s markets
- Socializes designs with teams and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate.
- Implements code in a timely fashion with high quality, consistent with defined standards.
- Unit tests software components to ensure module-level functionality and product consistency.
- Resolves issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account.
- Provides documentation as appropriate including design documentation, comments in code, inputs for External Specifications, Software Requirements Specifications, and end-user documentation.
- Consistently uses tools such as git, coverity, teamcity, and Jira for tracking of defects and management of code.
- Participates in design and code reviews of other team members’ implementations.
- Independently manages time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
- Provides technical direction in areas of specialty
- Communicates with customers on strategic accounts as necessary
- Provides work assistance to lower level engineers
- Other duties as assigned
SafeNet AT is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in applying for a position at SafeNet Assured Technologies, please contact careers@SafenetAT.com.
SafeNet Assured Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce while maintaining an alcohol and drug-free workplace. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.